On Our Cover
The Zen of Boxing: In the ring Baltimore Boxing club owner, fight promoter and Baltimore boxing legend Jake The Snake Smith, shuffled effortlessly despite weighing 35 pounds heavier than his normal fight weight. Sparring with him, Matthew Pugh got his first taste of a pro boxers punch. Photo by Ernest Anastasio.
The Zen of Boxing
by Matthew Thomas Pugh
In 18 months I fought my way from the doldrums to bliss.
- Maryland Grapples with a Weedy Issue
Marijuanas still illegal, but its a lot less illegal if the tokers sick
by Paul Scott Armentano
- Fill an Empty Bowl and Benefit
Calvert Ecumenical Council sells soup for homeless sake
by James Clemenko
- Does Galesville Need Another Bar?
No, says West River Improvement Association
- Winter Birds Fly Away
What January Waterfowl Survey counted, spring has rousted
by Sonia Linebaugh
- Way Downstream
- In Richmond, Va., an even-worse snakehead up for sale
- In Washington, Rep. Wayne Gilchrest seeks $1.5 million to begin developing a Chesapeake Bay ferry to run between Crisfield and Reedville, Va.
- In New Jersey, Blueprint for Intelligent Growth charges subdivision developers for new school space for the families they house
- This weeks Creature Feature: In Iraq, Morocco joins the war effort, offering to send 2,000 monkeys trained in detonating land mines.